Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Outlet

I was asked recently asked just how do I get through, stay sane and alive even, without drinking/smoking(in more than one sense of the word) through this hectic, cruel and chaotic life.

A good question...

Got me asking myself "How am I dealing with the rather new circumstances of being back at home(in more than one sense of the word) after some time"? Since I am not working, yet, it is easy to assume, I must have all the time in the world. Yes and no, in a sense that I still have a lot of errands and family business (not in the monetary sense) to deal with, there still has not been a time I sat down and thought to myself "What do I do now?"

Which also means, I am still busy being amazed, sometimes shocked at even, by the changed circumstances here in Mongolia.

Regardless of where I am, when I need some outlet, relief

- The best way is to call home and get updated and let my family know I am fine, then
-- go shopping for some neither fattening nor junk, but easily-edible food
--look for (IF I don't have), ask around and find good books, movies to stick to
and then go offline on the social level (switch off my phone, disconnect from the internet altogether, or at least be in an invisible mode :p)

-When I have some things I can not seem to handle, in order to clear my head as a start over if not to find a solution go back to my diary and the all-time classics like The Teachings of Buddha (where it is written about the four noble truth)
--so in case I have not fully done my part, I get to realize it
--if the above part was taken care of, then I try to bring myself the peace of mind "I have done MY part"

If to quote a Mother Goose Rhyme:
For every pain under the sun,
There probably is an ailment,
If there is one, find it but
If there is none, don't mind it :)

-At times, when the matter is too overwhelming that my head is racing and almost aching but without much effect, I simply plug in my music component (for I am so picky about the quality of the sound of music) speakers and go to sleep while listening to Yanni.

And when you come to think of it even if all other outlets fail(drinking and smoking do not work for me) or are inaccessible (friends being busy or you do not want to trouble them), these simple things you can do without even have to leave home seem to work.

Again, point proved: Simple things can and do mean much more than we ever notice, acknowledge and appreciate. And life IS beautiful!

5 comments:

alim said...

huuhen guai amid seruun uu?
aih yum..

arai arhind orchoogui biz? ;)
enuugeer hezee dairch magnai teniilgen gyalailgah gej bna?

A Girl in a Field said...

huuhen ni amid seruun.
Arhi ene terd oroogui ee.
magnai teniij gyalaiv uu?

alim said...

magnai teniilee bur jigteihen ;)

shine jilee haana ugtah gej bna?
end uu tend uu?

A Girl in a Field said...

Not sure. Ali ch turuulj haashaa ch irlee gesen duhtaiiii uulzaya daa, ho, tiim ee?

alim said...

tiim shuu ;)