Tuesday, December 1, 2009

snow ... sahara ... reading ... memories

Today it snowed and felt like real winter. Couldn't enjoy the walk I really wanted during lunch time as I was even busier than usual busy-ness. But it has been a very fruitful day. Tomorrow, too, I will make it so (rolls back my short sleeves :p) ...

Must be the snow that reminded me of this song. Actually, even when having a friend, who would have loved to marry her, today it was my first time to listen carefully to the lyrics of this song, which was not what I expected. Love especially the verse...



Next came to my mind, is "Love in the Time of Cholera" and how it contains alll sorts of love even the one that was burning to an inspiration for a man from humble being to reach great heights. One should not ,however, forget the other loves that served as relief, source of experience, getaway in harsh times. So twisted, compared with "100 yrs of Solitude", such an easy read, but G.G.M, just as expected, did a great job with all the twists and turns as well as the details that otherwise could have been "can-be-skipped-parts". Oh-oh, a little confession there.

The beautiful verse to this song:

If your hopes scatter like the dust across your track
I'll be the moon that shines on your path
The sun may blind our eyes, I'll pray the skies above
For snow to fall on the Sahara
If that's the only place where you can leave your doubts
I'll hold you up and be your way out
And if we burn away,
I'll pray the skies above for snow to fall on the Sahara


When I spent wonderful, eye-opening week in the Gobi dessert this year and was borrowing a table to go online at the ger-offices, could not help but notice all the men going in and out and calling home. Was thinking to myself their wives/girlfriends must be praying that it would rain, let alone snow, in the Gobi...

A thought leading to another thought...

No comments: